Friday, July 18, 2008

The Penguin


Once upon a midnight dreary,
As I struggled, weak and weary,
With many a stubborn, messed-up program -
All my work kept going wrong.
As I nodded, nearly sleeping,
Suddenly there came a beeping
From the window which had been keeping
E-mail from me all night long.
"Finally," I muttered, and clicked
To see the junk that took so long.
Mostly spam - "Grow Big and Strong!"

But between the meds and B.A.s,
Something caught my bleary gaze,
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic
Hope I'd never felt before.
"Windows Vista causing trouble?
Do repair fees daily double,
As your memory is gobbled?
Let us help your comp give more!
Don't let Windows cause you trouble -
Click below to find out more!"
Quick I clicked on linux.org.

When this opened my web engine,
Much I marveled to see a penguin
Telling me what Linux offered -
Flexibility and more;
Spoke the penguin wise and knowing
Of popularity fast-growing,
Ease of use, robustness, showing
Why its users Linux adore,
What mean "open source" and "kernel",
And why people Tux adore.
"See the BSoD nevermore!"

Now the penguin, never quitting,
On my screen is always sitting,
As I sit here, still enraptured,
While at my window something knocks.
Every moment I am learning,
From Windows unto Linux turning,
Heedless of the hours burning,
Ignoring all three dozen clocks.
And as Torvalds smiled at me
From above the computer clock,
Quoth the Penguin, "Linux rocks!"
-----
Parody of The Raven, by Edgar Allan Poe. And yes, the
Linux site is here.

No comments: